Skip to main content

Reclamation

No longer will I serve to be,
the sacrificial lamb your ego needs.

No longer will you project on me,
your perceived failings and misery.

No longer will I carry the guilt,
for the house of choices that YOU built.

No longer will you weigh me down,
with the wearing of our family crown.

No longer will I mourn the loss,
tally the scorecard, or count the cost.

No longer will you drain my light,
as you must face your own dark night.

And no longer will I seek your love,
because I have all I need from heaven above.

by April Bender
 Mood audio: Imagine Dragons - Believe

(This poem was written as an expression of inner releasing and clearing around issues of multi-generational childhood trauma and abuse. These are meant to be declarations to Self in the main as a form of release and empowerment, not a reflection of my love and compassion for family members.)

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Goddess

Once in awhile the Universe provides, an opportunity to view self through an observer's eyes. Today I was humbled and dismayed to find, that I cannot harness the Dark Goddess's ride. While I like to pretend to have total control, She is part of my wild side, part of my soul. I prefer the inner Angel all calm and sweet, While the Dark Goddess I wish none to meet. She fills me with guilt and unbearable shame, If only somehow her f ire could be tamed. My Angel tells me that Dark Goddess shouldn't exist, Yet in the end, it's the Angel who's dismissed. Why is it so hard to admit imperfection? To see all parts of self in my own reflection? To love even the unlovable parts of me, In that I am uncertain and yet I know it is key. How can you accept her when I myself cannot? What makes me deny her a conscious dwelling spot? If she's a valid and natural part of me, then I must figure out how to set her free.  by Apr

Blessed Submersion

 Peace. . . Flow. . . Silent hum. . . Suspended in a watery womb  Cooling. . .  Soothing. . .  Serene lullaby. . .  Sinking down into Wisdom’s pool Reflecting. . . Deflecting. . . Re-remembering. . . Conscious and sub-conscious collide Reaching. . . Seeking. . . New patterning. . . Weaving higher impulses inside Elevation. . . Color. . . Vibrant awareness. . . Crest as new landscapes within Elation. . . Sensation. . . Quickening rebirth. . . Out of the depths I rise  by April Bender Mood audio: Mattia Cupelli - Waves                                                                

Springtime Sigh

Lilting tones and rainbow hues Dance across a quiet room. Curtains sway, kissed by the wind, Carrying expressions of a gentle afternoon. Its breath is ripe, fragrantly sweet, From wildflower blooms nearby. Earthen woods frame the view, While birds sail high in the sky. The air, it hums, teeming with life, Of a wild and subtle kind. As the sun's rays beckon eyes to close, I exhale a contented s i g h. by April Bender Mood Audio: Relaxing Celtic Music